Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pillow Talk of the Sexiest Variety

Me: “Hey, remember when we were in St. John, and I told you about a dream where you were helping me along with some word I was trying to use? But I couldn't remember what word it was?"

Meerkat: “Yeah. I remember.”

Me: “The word just came to me out of nowhere.”

Meerkat: “Okay. And what was it?"

Me: “InexORable.”

Meerkat: “...Um, I think it’s pronounced inEXorable.”

Me: “Shit.”


A notable exchange for three reasons:

A. This marks my second premonitory dream in five years.

B. Usually I am the one correcting other people’s language skills. 

C. Finding his superior vocabulary overwhelmingly aphrodisiacal makes me an official nerd. Which isn't to say that this wasn't already clear.

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy, just had to look this word up on dictionary.com as well as premonitory. Soon I won't be smart enough to read your blog!! LOL
    BTW....noticed there was a program on TV the other night named "Meerkat Manor". Perhaps a good name for his casa??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning new words is good for you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad. What do you mean you're lost?

    ReplyDelete
  4. words are to deep for this redneck

    ReplyDelete
  5. dito here, need to speak on a highschool level or trucker speak for me

    ReplyDelete